Tuesday 13 November 2007

The Wind-up bird Chronicle

Also I’ve finished to read/listen to (I have as a book as an audio book, so I’ve mixed them up) “The Wind-up bird Chronicle” by Haruki Murakami. Of course, I read it before in Russian, but didn’t remember anything except some small stories. And now I’m shocked because I didn’t expect that this book made such impression on me. This is a dark heavy story with crossing lines of good and evil and small ray of light at the end. I liked Murakami a lot, but, unfortunately, I really forgot what exactly I liked in his books. So, this one helped me to remember – these unpredictable hopeless endings, these strange characters with a lot of problem drive me mad because I feel on the one hand I’m the same, but on the other hand I appreciate the big gap between our worlds.
Now I have more books (for reading and listening to) of Murakami and all Harry Potter’s stories in English too.
So, wish me a good reading!

No comments: